Sunday, January 26, 2020

Art Part 2 (More of Jay's Drawings)

Welcome to Part 2 of Jay's art! Once again, if you see faint lines behind a picture, it's because the paper is recycled/re-purposed (one side was used previously). Enjoy the exhibit!


This is the first picture I ever drew for Big Cee. It was for her birthday because she loves the Care Bears.


I drew this for Big Cee because she loves butterflies and these colors. She loved it and we framed it and put it on the wall.

I drew this for Big Cee before she took a trip to New Orleans

I feel like making a card for someone can be more personal and can conserve resources. Plus, it can become a work of art! My mom told me many times she loves the cards I've made her.

I like animals and I like drawing them.

I drew and framed this for Colleen. It's a customized drawing of Boston Celtic's logos. She's a big basketball fan.
I drew this for Colleen, who loves the color green, upon her request. I drew her a lot of pictures! I'm happy to say she loves my artwork! 

I drew this in the early 90s and then colored it over 25 years later. I loved those early Hornet's teams and many of their players including Dell Curry, Muggsy Bogues, and Larry Johnson and especially their colors. These colors were part of the inspiration for my album colors! 

This was a quick sketch I did, but I liked it so I cleaned it up a little and colored it. There's some glare in the photo. I liked some of the players on the team like Gordon Hayward, Rudy Gobert, Ricky Rubio, Joe Ingles, etc, and I also really liked their colors and symbol. I think they have one of the game's best logos.


I drew this in 2015 and framed it when the Hawks won their most games in a season. I really liked the selflessness they represented. It took a long time to get the circle right.

I drew this when Kristaps Porzingis played for the NY Knicks. 


I drew this because I'll always be a big fan of Roberto Clemente. He played for the Pittsburgh Pirates and this is their logo. I've also always liked this color combination.
I drew this for my grandmother in law who loved the Mets

Thank you for looking at Part 2 of my drawings! I hope you enjoyed the artwork! If you like a piece a lot, feel free to do whatever you want with it - Jay Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment