Sunday, January 26, 2020

Art Part 1 (Jay's Drawings)


If you see faint lines on the pictures of the drawings, it is because the paper used is re-purposed. Welcome to Part 1 of Jay Steele's art collection...




I thought I could never draw again after getting fibromyalgia because of repetitive strain (on my hands/wrists). This took many hours, but I learned to pace myself, and it became a beautiful symbol of harmony and perseverance.


This is a drawing I did of a real duck from a photo I took (w/Cee's assistance) at a lake in Echelon, NJ. 



I really like this because it's so happy and and I really like the vivid, bright green and yellow color combo. I also like turtles.


I made this for my wife. It's one of my favorites because of the meaning and the bold, vivid colors.


I drew this and my wife painted it. I find it very serene.


I drew this, Big Cee painted it, and we framed it. It's been a joy to create several beautiful collaborations with her.


It came out a little slanted but I still like it. I'm at peace with it.



This was a collaboration. I drew the peace sign and Big Cee painted it and the rest.



I drew and colored this for my wife as a present for a special occasion. 




This is another Jay and Big Cee collaboration where I drew it and she painted it. It's comprised of three of our favorite colors that we feel work well together, and it represents calm in the middle of a storm.

                                       

This is a drawing I did of an actual plaque I was awarded as a 6 yr old in 1st grade! I thought it to be ironic and poetic to draw it. This was a happy memory and a  memorable early recognition of my artistic ability.


I drew this in about 10 mins in a restaurant. It was like a sketch, but it really took me & Cee into the imagery of the scene.



Big Cee had a t-shirt with this design on it. When it stared to really fade, I drew, colored, and framed this on paper for her



Cee painted this for me for my birthday. I helped draw the music note and with some 
other aspects; it was a beautiful way to celebrate a birthday and the central nature of music
in our lives


I drew this symbol and Big Cee painted the pot. It's purple but appears very dark in the photo.
We turned our house into a virtual art museum/gallery of our work





Thanks for looking at Part 1 of my art collection. I hope you enjoyed it! If there's a piece in here that you like, feel free to do whatever you want with it - Jay Steele











No comments:

Post a Comment