Sunday, January 26, 2020

Album Artwork & Credits & Reviews



Tha album cover

Tha back of the album


Jay's original pencil drawing of the text appearing on the back cover before being added to photoshop and being manipulated


Jay's other original drawing of the text appearing on the back cover before being added to photoshop and being manipulated
Tha physical CD/disc 
This image (minus the brick wall behind it) appears behind the physical CD/disc 
The above credits page appears blurry on this site for some reason, but it is clear on the physical CD printing.

The original sketch by Jay of the For Tha Love album cover


Alternate Album Cover (slighty more blue teal)
Alternate Album Cover 2 (less lavender purple/gradient)

Album Reviews

***** (5 out of 5 stars)
Cee
This ALBUM is a CLASSIC!!! An artist can usually pull this off once in a life time.... Nas with illmatic, Jay-Z with Reasonable Doubt and Lauryn Hill with The Miseducation,... but Tha Truth /Jay Steele has done it under two names!!! He has an unbelievable gift and I enjoy every aspect of his work.. For Tha Love is in heavy rotation with songs like the Rhyme Conductor and Spreading Joy. I clean, cook, ride, shower, etc. to this album. The best album so far!

***** 
Paco
I put this album right up there with the best of the creative, fun, and positive rap albums of the golden age of hip-hop! It reminds me of De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Nas, Big Daddy Kane, The Fresh Prince, and Rakim. This is a serious hip-hop classic! Stupendous material!

***** 
Olivia Rae (Music Journalist)
Jay Steele is doing nothing but good on his latest release 'For Tha Love.'  This a joyous record that takes hip hop and gives it an alternative makeover. Standing apart from the crowd just a bit, Jay Steele does his own thing in the modern era of the genre with an album that spans across 19 tracks. Tracks that include hints of jazz, maturity and a heavy dose of originality like “What I Can Do,” “Tha Rhyme Conductor,” and “Tha Underdog.”  Despite living with severe fibromyalgia, Steele thrives in his music. And for those thinking they’ve heard him before, that’s because for several years he was known as Tha Truth. While the name has changed, the drive and passion have not. Wanting to bring back the days of greats like De La Soul and Big Daddy Kane, Jay Steele is doing what he can to provide nostalgia wrapped in modern joy and spreading love and positive vibes with this alternative rap/jazz rap project 'For Tha Love.'

***** 
Amet
I am in awe of Jay’s musical ability. I love Givin Thanks and all the gratitude in it! The beginning reminds me of Barry White. This whole album really contains such clever and amazing rhymes. It’s amazing how Jay does it! Spreadin Joy is probably my favorite song. I love the concepts, how he spells out j-o-y and m-u-s-i-c, and the delivery. It’s so beautiful! I also love the track Rap Appreciation. This song and this album deserve a lot of appreciation! What I Can Do is tremendous as well. I love the uplifting message. I’m also amazed and impressed by Tha Rhyme Conductor, which is unbelievable and exciting! No Better Present is magnificent and right up there with Spreadin Joy as my favorite. I love the Spanish part in this and also in Jay Tha Magician, which is yet another spectacular song. Tha Underdog is amazing too and I love all the happy sounds. I love this album and I’m so glad Jay made it!

***** 
Jamie
I’m really digging the old school golden era smooth vibe. Jay’s lyrics and flow have really been refined. This is solid work! Thanks for the shout out too (Givin Thanks) haha! Jay really killed it on this record man. Lyrics are on point, great production, and really creative use of samples and skits. Whatever happens, Jay Steele has an insane body of work that he can look back on and be proud of. Tha Rhyme Conductor is a standout track for me. “Rhymes is like powerlines!” So many good lines in this. The artwork is killer too, love early 80s graffiti style, any references to that time period are awesome. Musical Family is solid too. Not many rappers out there can say they have legit real violin in their track! And I think the sentiment in the lyrics is great too. Peace Not War is really cool too because his flow is so tight and locked in, but it has this jazz drumming which makes it feel nice and flowing at the same time. Really cool contrast. I enjoyed all Jay’s albums when he rapped as “Tha Truth” but to me, this is the most cohesive of all his records – lyrics and sound-wise. This is definitely a 5 out of 5 stars.

*****
Mel L.
I like the different voices. Tha Rhyme Conductor is heavy and powerful and reminds me of Wu-Tang Clan. For Tha Love is mixed really well and sounds beautiful. I'm a big fan of Jay's 5 albums as "Tha Truth," but I like the fun lyricism - you can't be serious all the time. I love the message on the song Global NRG - that music is powerful! Yes brother!

****
Billy Buntin
I’ve been a fan of Jay’s work since his albums as Tha Truth. I LOVE what he’s doing on For Tha Love.  This is beautiful; dope to see how his art has progressed too!! The deep gravelly voice.  Kinda ethereal flow. Smooth kinda dreamy. Political Insights. But also in this I can see him getting into personal exposure here too. More than politics.  Who is Jay Steele?  Who is Tha Truth?  Amazing. This artist shows the way he thinks more on a personal level now, and it's like evolved where it's all about love. So dope man. I featured Spreading Joy and Tha Rhyme Conductor on my podcast. Im bumping TheRhymeConductor track ... hard.  Came out reminded me of Big Pun yo!! I’m also loving how Jay crushes on his wife on this and mentions her on like four tracks. And really, really impressive how he does a whole song about fibromyalgia! I can barely even say the word, and he’s doing a whole song about it

*****
Jackie 
This album is wonderful and beautiful and I love everything about it! I especially loved What I Can Do (about his disability), No Better Present (about my awesome daughter!), Spreadin Joy, and Musical Family (about his mom & family). It's hard to rate my favorite song on this, because I feel like they're all my favorite. I was thrilled to hear my name on the Shout Outs track! I was screaming in surprise and excitement! As his mother in law, I'm very proud of Jay. Overall, I love it, love it, love it!!! 

*****
Polyrical 
(www.bandcamp.com/Polyrical aka Russell Henderson)
So happy to see new music by Jay. All of "Tha Truth" albums he put out are brilliant, and flow and tone continue on this release. Looking forward to more. 

                         

                         





No comments:

Post a Comment